We are a coalition of individuals and supporting organizations who work toward a world that is environmentally sustainable, socially just and spiritually fulfilling.
Our work is to educate, inspire and activate, fostering a strong engagement in planetary sustainability and a fair, equitable human society.
We produce programs, events and materials for education and engagement to promote action that restores and maintains the health of the planet and the well-being of humanity.
We are a project of the Earth Island Institute, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Clearly articulated mission statement and set of principles
- Commitment to an on-going process of improvement
- Measuring and reporting on progress and performance
- Transparency of accounting and the triple bottom line
- Open lines of communication
- In-house waste reduction and pollution prevention
- Materials that inform staff about economic, environmental and social trends
- Policy and practice of honesty and service with the public
- Commitment to community development and benefit
- Work with other public interest organizations
- Contract with socially and environmentally responsible companies
- Use the precautionary principle
- Have fun, stay healthy, and enjoy the work!